Building Bold Innovative Partnerships to Prevent and Reduce STIs/HIV Among Youth: Nov 8, 2013
The University of Chicago School of Social Service Administration, SHINE Network,
Access Community Health Network, and the Gary Comer Youth Center invite you to:
“Building Bold Innovative Partnerships to Prevent and Reduce STIs/HIV Among Youth”
November 8, 2013, 9 am - 4 pm
Registration and Continental Breakfast begins at 8:30 am
The Gary Comer Youth Center
7200 S. Ingleside Avenue, Chicago, IL 60619
“Social Drivers of STI/HIV Infections Among Youth”
Judith D. Auerbach, PhD
Adjunct Professor, University of California, San Francisco
Open to the public and free of charge; lunch will be provided.
Registration is required, click here to register
For any questions, please call 773-702-9700 for more information or check this webpage for updates.
Persons with a disability who may require special assistance should call 773.702.9700 by November 1.
Access Community Health Network
8:00 - 9:00 Check-in
8:30 Light breakfast
9:00 - 9:15 am Welcome: Greg Mooney, MBA, Executive Director, Comer Science & Education Foundation/Gary Comer Youth Center
9:15 - 10:15 am Panel 1: Youth and Community Violence
Moderator: Dexter Voisin, PhD, Professor, University of Chicago School of Social Service Administration (SSA)
- Nanette Benbow, MAS, Deputy Commissioner for HIV and STI Services, Chicago Department of Public Health;
- Danny Davis, PhD, U.S. Representative for the 7th Congressional District of Illinois;
- Mariame Kaba, Director Project NIA;
- Cathy Krieger, AM ‘79, MBA ’91 (Booth), President and CEO, The Children’s Place Association;
- Alfonza Wysinger, First Deputy Superintendent, Chicago Police Department.
10:20 - 11:20 am Panel 2: Youth and Mental Health
Moderator: Alida Bouris, PhD, Assistant Professor, University of Chicago SSA
- Felicia Davis, Executive Director of the Mayor’s Office of Public Engagement
- Deborah Gorman-Smith, PhD, Professor, Principal Investigator and Director of the Chicago Center for Youth Violence Prevention, University of Chicago SSA;
- Matt Richards, Manager of Community Programs and Prevention, Care2Prevent, University of Chicago Medicine;
- Suzanne Snyder, AM ‘87, MDiv, LCSW, Behavioral Health Consultant, Access Community Health Network.
11:25 am - 12:25 pm Panel 3: New Media
Moderator: John Schneider, MD, Assistant Professor, University of Chicago, Departments of Health Studies and Medicine, Director, Global Health Programs
- Seed Lynn, Ci3, University of Chicago;
- Rod McCullom, Writer, Producer, Broadcaster;
- Robin Robinson, Fox Chicago News Anchor;
- Tim'm West, Spoken Word Artist/AIDS Activist; Director of Youth Programs at Center On Halsted.
12:25 - 1:15 pm Lunch
1:15 - 2:15 pm Panel 4: Adapting Evidenced-based Interventions for Youth
Moderator: Kischa Hampton, MSW, Director, Preventive & Behavioral Health, Access Community Health Network
- Monica Longmire, MHA, Supervisor, Preventive & Behavioral Health, Access Community Health Network;
- Harold Pollack, PhD, Helen Ross Professor, University of Chicago SSA; University of Chicago Crime Lab, B.A.M. (Becoming a Man);
- Pastor Chris Harris, CEO and Founder, Bright Star Community Outreach;
- Keith Green, MSW, SSA Doctoral student; Chair, Chicago Black Gay Men’s Caucus.
2:15 - 2:20 pm Introduction of Keynote Speaker: John Schneider, MD
2:20 - 3:15 pm Keynote speaker: Judy Auerbach, PhD, Adjunct Professor, University of California, San Francisco “Social Drivers of STI/HIV Infections Among Youth”
3:15 pm Closing Remarks: Dexter Voisin, PhD
3:15 - 4:00 pm Performance: Tim'm West
4:00 - 4:40 pm Closing Ceremony: South Shore Drill Team